VACANCY – Heswall Office / Residential Conveyancing Assistant
This is a fantastic opportunity at our Heswall office for someone who has previously worked within a residential conveyancing department. If you have worked as a legal secretary, a graduate with a work placement or an experienced conveyancing assistant, you will be joining a friendly and respected law firm, with CQS accreditation, and working closely with one of the Partners and other members of the Conveyancing Team.
There is lots of scope for progression, with supportive ongoing training and development for the right person.
As a Conveyancing Assistant, you will be involved in all conveyancing duties, up to and following completion with regular customer contact. If you are positive and keen to build a career, this is a unique opportunity.
Conveyancing Assistant Duties and Responsibilities:
- Providing assistance, up to and following completion.
- Updating clients throughout the process.
- Liaising with estate agents and other third parties.
- Assisting the residential property solicitors, as required.
- Working to the business policies, procedures and adhering to all SRA standards, including compliance to Anti Money Laundering and source of funds and wealth.
- Prioritising and performing urgent requests from clients and other third parties.
- Using a case management system (Proclaim)
- Planning, prioritising and managing your workload and working day.
- Embracing technology, change and advancement in the conveyancing industry and within the firm.
The Ideal Conveyancing Assistant Candidate will have:
- Experience as a legal secretary or assistant level in a Residential Conveyancing Department.
- A pro-active approach and a positive ‘can do’ attitude.
- Empathy for people from all walks of life and ability to explain complex concepts simply.
In Return, the successful Conveyancing Assistant will Receive:
- A good salary and annual leave entitlement, depending on experience.
- Currently the office closes between Christmas and New Year
- 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday with an hour for lunch
- Local parking on the road – free of charge
- A hardworking but fun and friendly team environment.
- An opportunity to learn and develop in a friendly and encouraging environment.
- Opportunities to progress your career, if desired, although there is no pressure to progress as we are happy supporting someone who is happy and able to do a good job
Nicola Rowe – Partner (Non Lawyer) / Practice Manager
email@example.com / 0151 236 7171